The due date for application to either program is typically mid-January to early February. The specific due date is usually listed at the on-line application site. Selection and non-selection notices come out sometime in the month of March. Notification of decisions on applications is in early-to-mid March.
- The NASA Space Academy online applications is the NASA One Stop Shopping Initiative (OSSI).
- The MARTI online application is the NASA MARTIapp.
Full descriptions of the 2016 research opportunities for NASA MARTI and Space Academy at Glenn may be viewed at the following links:
GRC 2016 NASA MARTI Opportunity
- NASA MARTI Opportunity 2016 – Design and Prototype Development of a Hyperloop Vehicle Concept for Next-Generation Transportation (.pdf)
GRC 2016 Space Academy Opportunities
- Space Academy NASA “SOLAR” Opportunity 2016 – Engineering Design Study of Future Missions (.pdf)
- Space Academy NASA “SOLAR” Opportunity 2016 – Modification of Hydrostatic Gradient in Lumped Parameter Model of the Human CNS and CVS Systems (.pdf)
NASA Academy and MARTI Applicants 2016
Apply through the One Stop Shopping Initiative (OSSI) to the Academies of your choice, but send the supplemental two essays as doc or docx attachments to NASA-Academy-Application@mail.nasa.gov with copies to: Dr. M. D. Kankam (email@example.com) not later than 11:59 PM on the application deadline of Feb. 16, 2016.
Note that the Academies summer application deadline of February 16, 2016, is earlier than the One Stop Shopping Initiative (OSSI) deadline of March 1, 2016. For multiple Academy applications, ensure that the biography essay emphasizes the specific Academy of interest, e.g., space, propulsion or robotics, etc., which are offered at the various NASA Academies listed below.
Please entitle the names of your Microsoft Word document files as “XYZ-NASA Academy Application 2016” where “XYZ” is your last name;
At the TOP of the essay documents, the applicant MUST rank the desired Academies, based on decreasing preference to attend them. e.g.: 1. Glenn Space, 2. Marshall Propulsion, etc. Also, if the particular Academy has more than one project, list your preference for projects, e.g., 1. Glenn Space, Project X; 2. Marshall Propulsion, Project Y; etc.
A list of available Academies for 2016 summer (U.S. citizens only) are as follows:
- Ames Robotics Academy
- Ames Space Academy
- Glenn Space Academy
- Marshall Propulsion Academy
- Marshall Robotics Academy
- Marshall Space Academy
Similarly, the available NASA MARTI for 2016 summer (U.S. citizens only) are as follows:
- MARTI at Ames (coming soon)
- MARTI at Armstrong (coming soon)
- MARTI at Glenn (coming soon)
- MARTI at Langley